The Daily Word

 


I’m sure I’m not alone when I explain some of my behaviour, which relates to jobs I don’t like doing but which have to be done – I tend to leave them to the last minute and then try to get through them as fast as possible. This attitude is based on the premise that, despite not wanting to do the job, I will feel better once I have done it. That doesn’t always happen because in my haste to complete it, I sometimes know I haven’t done a good job!

We have a God who is perfect in all His works. We may not always understand why things don’t happen as we would want or things happen that we don’t want to happen, but that really is not our concern. God works in His time and in His way and this is where our faith should come into play.

There is a verse in the Bible which says, “Faithful is He that calls you, who will also do it”. God is the ultimate in faithfulness, and we should also follow His example. We should firstly be faithful to Him. Don’t stop praying for people to be saved, keep on praying, God doesn’t desire that anyone should perish so we are praying according to His will.

Secondly, we should be faithful to our brothers and sisters in Christ, particularly within our local church where God has placed us. He has called us into His service in the locality of our church family, so let us keep our promises or, if we know we will not be able to fulfil the promise, then better not to promise at all. Our faith in God should not stop at our salvation but should grow as we too get to know Him better.

Article written by Brian Preston, Elder @SFGH Church 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bible Study Recap – 2 Thessalonians 2

The Baptism Testimony of Alfie

Worship in Action...

Artwork with a Story